Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Book News

 Pentimento -- a musician, a scholar, and a varied and always-thoughtful reader and writer whose blog I have long admired -- offers the following praise for Brief Light:  
Sally Thomas is one of the best American poets writing. Her direct language, skillful use of irony, mastery of form, and quietly compassionate voice combine to give her work an ethos of humanity that is absent from much contemporary poetry, and that is sorely needed in our world today. 

Okay, I'm blushing. But, well, though of course I'm biased I think the book deserves it. Do you have your copy yet?

4 comments:

Nancy Ainsworth said...

What an enchanting critique! I just pulled it out of my own private queue to read it right now.

You must be walking on air...

Sally Thomas said...

Thank you! Yes, I'm very happy. She is too kind, really.

lissla lissar said...

Haven't ordered any yet, but that's because I'm planning on ordering and having them sent directly to friends for Christmas. I suspect that paying for shipping to Canada and then shipping 'em back down south might be expensive. :)

Sally Thomas said...

Well, check it out, because Lulu has print outlets worldwide, which should really cut shipping costs. If you're ordering a book to be shipped to you in Canada, it should print in Canada.

Alas, they don't seem to do gift wrap, gift cards, etc, so you would still have to send them yourself to friends for Christmas, but hopefully at least getting copies to you should not be quite as exorbitant as these things sometimes are.