Monday, November 5, 2012

Late Outta the Gate, plus plans

I haven't yet thrown together my post for this month's Homeschooling High School Carnival, on the topic of independence. Please go visit Leonie and all our friends at Living Without School for some good discussion on this theme. Maybe I'll get it together by the end of today . . .

(UPDATE:  Or maybe I won't)

Meanwhile . . .


Here's Week 12 for my 9th grader:


                                                                                    
Week 12

Reading journal:
Odyssey:  Who’s who, what’s happening. Odysseus as a particular kind of hero:  what are his strengths and his flaws?

FINISH ILIAD ESSAY BY FRIDAY AT 5 P.M. EMAIL TO MOM.

Great Myths/Colum
Cat of Bubastes/Henty
David of Jerusalem/de Wohl
Bible:  Psalms
The Iliad/Homer
The Odyssey/Homer
Antigone/Sophocles
The Crito/Plato

Lives/Plutarch
The Aeneid/Virgil

Julius Caesar/Shakespeare

The Restless Flame/de Wohl
Confessions/Augustine




math
Saxon Algebra 2:  one lesson daily
Life of Fred Advanced Algebra:  read
history
FWC: Lecture 12
Plutarch: http://penelope.uchicago.edu/thayer/e/roman/texts/plutarch/lives/home.html
“Agesilaus”
English
JFW:  48-51, 54. Write a seven-sentence skeleton for your Iliad essay. Then write the essay, due Friday by 5 p.m.
JG:  Lesson 12, Exercise 12
Literature:  The Odyssey
Science
&
German
General Biology, Belmont Abbey College
German:
M-Th:  1 hour daily @ Deutsche Interaktiv
Friday:  German Steps
EGG 97-103
Religion
Didache 12
BAH 171-179
journal


I'm mulling a longer post about my primary kids and their work routines, because we have done some tweaking and changing that's serving us well right now, though I'm still very happy with most of my original choices for this year. More later . . . 

No comments: