Wednesday, September 18, 2013

In Case the Amazingness of My 5th Grader Got Lost . . .

. . . in yesterday's post, let me just say that today he got up at five with his older brother, who had an eight a.m. chemistry class. By the time I emerged at quarter to seven, he had done all his school reading:  Bible, history, geography, literature, geology. I have heard, in great detail, about the Punic Wars, and about the surveying project which established the Maryland-Pennsylvania border, which was the subject of his geography reading. He's done his copywork, followed by half an hour's worth of multiplication drill via a Kindle app (Multiplication Genius, which we really like), and the next Life of Fred chapter on his own.

And he's put his laundry in.

So, it's two minutes to nine in the morning, and he's playing Minecraft. Deservedly. He can join us later for German, but otherwise, the day is his.

5 comments:

Nancy Ainsworth said...

I am in awe!
Of both of you.

Nancy Ainsworth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nancy Ainsworth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nancy Ainsworth said...

(Sorry about the repeats) Skulking back into my office after realizing the error...I'll get the hang of this thing yet.

Sally Thomas said...

No problem! It's easy to repeat-post, and equally easy for me to fix.